Painting my signature red glasses black was more fun than expected
December 23, 2008 by vongsundara
So yesterday I went out and bought a five-dollar can of paint and painted my signature red glasses black (see picture below). It’s been something I’ve been wanting to do for a while now, but the deciding factor was my purchase of a bright orange jacket recently.
Now, my style is generally fairly plain with the exception of one signature piece. Lately, this signature piece has been my red glasses. With the bright orange jacket, though, it doesn’t make sense to wear red glasses. The jacket should be the focus, and thus the red glasses had to go. The black glasses will allow me to focus on different pieces and this year my style will expand due to this much-needed variety.
To be honest, these black glasses are closer to my original vision when I went shopping for glasses a while back. Unfortunately for me, my head is much smaller than the average North American’s, so it is quite difficult for me to find a pair of glasses that fit my head. Instead of forcing myself into a pair that didn’t fit correctly, I went with the wild red glasses basically because they fit the best. Sure, they have grown on me, but black was definitely my original vision.
Okay, okay, I’ll stop all the worry by revealing that I still do have my red glasses. I did paint my glasses black, but . . . I had TWO PAIRS of red glasses. Haha!
Merry christmas y’all. I hope to see you all soon with my black glasses (and the red ones too).
- Transfer of knowledge can take longer than expected in comedy
- Adam Lambert vs. MJ’s Black or White, American Idol 8 Top 13, Michael Jackson
- Kelly Clarkson’s new single My Life Would Suck Without You is awesome!
- Mike DeStefano, Top 10 Finalist Last Comic Standing NBC 2010 Season 7
- Watching George Clooney in Up in the Air at the movies had me thinking about life
- Multiple turning points as Barack Obama elected president
- Ricky Gervais in HBO Out of England The Stand-Up Special, Review and Analysis
- Finding balance between dayjob, comedy career and gay life
- Allison Harvard – Photoshoot Portfolio Review, America’s Next Top Model Cycle 12, ANTM 2009
- A stand-up comedian’s Christmas can be a lonely affair